Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Written 4/3/09

I smell it before I see it. The winds are carrying the sweet scent of a spring rain. To the right, blue skies and fluffy clouds. To my left, dying sunshine and grey cover. I ignore the impending shower and continue to lay on my blanket on my yard. Equipped with my camera, phone, macrame, notebook and sketchpad, I am prepared. For what, exactly, has yet to be seen. The sun has broken through the grey clouds, giving the scene a strange ominous feel. The small breezes caress the grass and irritate my hair. The clouds are directly overhead now. Blue skies drifting farther and farther to my right. A chill fills the air. Silence- but for the chirp of birds.



that's all I got for that one. I got distracted. I don't like it really, at all anyway so the short nature of it is fine by me. And you know, it never even rained that day. I was so dissapointed.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy how descriptive it is... but I'm not sure I understand the mentioning of smelling in the first sentence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've never noticed how you can smell rain before it happens? or snow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh.... now I know what you mean. I was a bit confused...

    ReplyDelete