Saturday, April 11, 2009

written 1/27&29/09

and as you stand high atop your pedestal
of broken glass and broken hearts
I ask you
are you happy now?

you got what you wanted
your denial
your escape
but at a price
you obviously did not mind paying
us
so
are you happy now?
I hope you are
Because after everything you've put yourself
and us
through
I still love you
I don't like you
but a child must love its mother
so my bond to you is hanging by the thread called instinct.

are you happy now?
Too bad.
I know it's your fault
but I can't tell you to your face
Role reversal
you become a small child caught in a wrong doing
and my heart of steel becomes a crushed aluminum can when I see your eyes glisten.

are you happy now?
You broke me.
I am no longer what I was or wish to be
I am what I have to be
to keep you afloat
to save us
an object of sorts, a lifesaver thrown out to sea
wishing to be left there
to float on beyond human hurt and needs and discover what could be
instead of what is

Kudos.
I hope you're happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment