Wednesday, December 21, 2011

11/24/11

I really like this one.



How wonderful it would be
to be wrapped in the invisible arms of comfort
to feel the assurance of a world's worth of lies holding me close at night
to be accepted into a chanting group, so full of doubt that a chain of arms touch a row of heaving backs, struggling beneath the weight of pretending so hard, so long, so much
I wish I could reach out a begging hand and imagine I feel the tendrils of warmth from Beyond
I wish I did not block the happiness that others convince themselves of so easily
I wish the love extended to us, the over-thinking, over-calculating, over-done
But I am draped in impenetrable garb of logic, and with the thought and consideration I have gained, I have lost the soft luxury of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment