Tuesday, November 10, 2009

2:37 am 11-10-09

I wish I could be one of those people
who says they've looked into the eyes of the devil
and spat into them
But I am not.
I cowered and panicked
Where others before have risen up
I let myself stay beaten down.
I have taken responsibility for things not of my doing
I have lied.
To others, yes. But mostly myself.
The worst sin of all
For when all others leave you, who else do you have?
I became a slave of my depression
I am a slave of my depression
No longer.
These cuts on my flesh will be the last done by me
I will be empowered when power seems lost
I will be the master of my own destination
That thin piece of metal will not control me
I will not let it control me.
For I am a beautiful person with love worth sharing
And I will not stay in this darkness any longer.
I will remember that I did nothing to deserve what has happened to me
I WILL NOT LET IT CHANGE WHO I AM

No comments:

Post a Comment