Friday, July 31, 2009

7-29-09

I have a cockroach in a jar
And I love to watch him struggle
Trying to find his freedom
His wings extend but he won't get far

He squirms and runs and flips about
This glass prison confuses him
Almost depressing to watch his little legs
Yet I know I'll never let him out

Call me sociopathic
Call me fucking deranged
But there's something soothing to my soul
to watch something else be frantic

He'll slowly starve, asphyxiate
And I will watch in wonder
As I see something die like I have inside
As the hunger to see pain I satiate

A thought occurs as I watch him try
There's enough pain in the world without my contributing
This small bug had done nothing wrong
His life is something I have no right to deny

I had a cockroach in a jar
Yesterday I smiled as he flew away
I returned his freedom I had wrongfully stolen
And hoped his wings would take him far.

No comments:

Post a Comment